Building # 36, Flat # E,
North Fuller Road Residential Area
Dhaka University, Dhaka-1000.
Cell Phone: +88-01711-442672
Biography: Taslima Rahman is an Assistant Professor at the Institute of Health Economics, University of Dhaka. She has completed her SSC and HSC from Chittagong University School and College. She has done her BSS (Hons.) and MSS in Economics from University of Dhaka. She obtained her second Master degree (Masters in Health Economics) from the Institute of Health Economics, University of Dhaka and ranked first in her class. Though she is teaching at Dhaka University since 2013, she began her teaching career in 2007 and worked as full time faculty at different renowned private universities in Bangladesh.
Teaching: Taslima’s teaching interest is in Economics of Health Care and Microeconomics. She is currently teaching Basic Microeconomics for Health Sector. Her teaching area includes Economics of Health Care, Methods of Economic Evaluation and Financing of Health Care, Public Finance, International Trade and Finance, Statistics, Econometrics, Techniques of Planning and Management Decision Analysis and Microeconomics and Macroeconomics at introductory and advanced levels.
Research:Taslima is currently engaged in a research in health financing which is her area of research interest. Herarea of research interest also involves health policy and health care demand.
- Sharmeen Mobin Bhuiyan and Taslima Rahman, ‘Demand-side factors affecting Choice of Healthcare Provider in Some Rural areas of Bangladesh’, published in July 2016 in The Dhaka University Studies Vol. 71, No. 2
- Taslima Rahman et al, ‘Health Care Seeking Behavior of Slum-Dwellers in Dhaka City: Results of a Household Survey’,WHO Publications, June, 2015
- Taslima Rahman, ‘Determinants of Maternity Length of Hospital Stay Following a Cesarean Section in Dhaka, Bangladesh’, The Journal of Sociology, Vol. 4, No. 1, 2012, University of Dhaka
- Jahangir Alam and Taslima Rahman, ‘Environmental Management Measures in Developing Countries and Bangladesh Scenario: A Quest for Environmental Protection and Management’, The Journal of Society and Change, Vol. V, No. 4, October-December 2011
- Taslima Rahman, Dr. Sushil Ranjan Hawlader, Quality of Health Care Provisions from Patients’ Perspective: Comparing Inpatient and Outpatient Service Quality of Public and Private Hospitals from Patients’ Perspective in Dhaka, Bangladesh, VDM Verlag Dr. Müller GmbH & Co. KG, Dudweiler Landstr, Germany, 2011 (Book)
- Taslima Rahman et al, ‘Benefits From Globalization: Evidence in the Context of Global Interaction’, The Journal of Sociology, A. K. Nazmul Karim Study Centre, Vol. 1, No. 2, January 2009, University of Dhaka
- Jahangir Alam and Taslima Rahman, ‘Challenges for Slum and Squatter Dwellers for Security of Tenure Problem’, The Journal of Society and Change, Vol. I, No. 4, October-December 2007
- Taslima Rahman et al,‘Boideshik Shahajyo o Tritio Bishyer Onunnoyon: Poriprekkhit Bangladesh’, The Journal of Social Development, Institute of Social Welfare and Research, University of Dhaka. Year 17, No. 1, June 2006